Shreveport Charter Foundation, Inc.
Shreveport Charter Foundation, Inc. is a Louisiana not-for-profit corporation organized exclusively for educational purposes and is comprised of respected leaders from Northwest Louisiana that are committed to providing high quality educational options for the citizens of Caddo Parish.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please email us.
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing and outlining the mission, vision, and values of the school and developing the appropriate policies to ensure those fundamentals are maintained. The Shreveport Charter Foundation Board of Trustees has contracted with a professional education management organization, Charter Schools USA, to provide all necessary management and professional expertise. Charter Schools USA assists in developing, planning, and marketing the School, as well as finance, human resources, curricula and school operations. Charter Schools USA is responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing operational procedures in accordance with the mission, vision, and values outlined by the Board.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the legal and financial obligations of Magnolia School of Excellence. The Board establishes policy consistent with the school’s mission and ensures the school’s programs and operations are faithful to the terms of the charter including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Board will continue to uphold the mission and vision of the school through visible leadership and stewardship of the school, including the following:
- Communicating the mission and vision of the school to the community
- Recruiting and mentoring Trustees to ensure they have shared values
- Holding Charter Schools USA accountable to achieving the mission and vision of the school
- Participating in fund raising and other community events on behalf of the school
- Leading by example in their personal and professional endeavors
The Foundation’s Board of Trustees is comprised of a diverse and talented group of community leaders, with a skillset including business/finance, education, medicine, government, technology, public relations, community work, and music, and all of whom are passionately committed to improving public education for ALL students in Caddo Parish and are actively involved in the Shreveport philanthropic and/or business community.
Collectively, the Foundation’s Trustees have a long track record of impacting education reform and community development in Caddo Parish. The Foundation’s impressive Board of Trustees are:
- Ann Stokes, President
- Dr. Melva Turner Williams, Vice-President
- Erica Bryant, Secretary/Treasurer
- Phillip Rozeman, M.D., Trustee
- Dr. Pamela Barker, Trustee
- Jack Sharp, Trustee
- Tim Nielsen, Trustee
- Zazell Dudley, Trustee
For accessibility assistance with the pdfs below, please contact the school.
Custodian of Records
MAGN Lower: Kimberly Derrick, Principal
MAGN Upper: Dr. Mary Nash Robinson, Principal
Parent Grievance Procedure
If a parent has a grievance or complaint, please follow the process below:
- Seek to resolve the problem with the teacher, if applicable.
- If problem is not resolved, meet with school administration via an appointment.
- If still unresolved, please contact School Support, Charter Schools, USA at 954-202-3500.
For more information on Charter Schools USA, visit their site at www.charterschoolsusa.com.